Friday, January 25, 2019

HAYLEY IN THE CLUB AFTER FESTIVAL WIN

A Swansdike teenager has won first prize on the final evening of the Froghill Arts and Music Festival on Thursday.

Hayley Grote pocketed the £2000 winner’s cheque for an original song about existential angst.

Nineteen-year-old Hayley, a trainee hygienist at the Pearly Gates dental laboratory, wowed the panel of judges with her self-penned ballad (I'm Just) Like a Hamster in a Wheel. The lyrics are set to the tune of Metallica's classic Enter Sandman, which Hayley arranged especially for kazoo and triangle.

Said chief judge Redfers Nuthatch: “Personally, I like my rodents to be skewered and then flame-grilled. But Hayley’s performance was so imbued with emotion that it quite won me over.”

Asked what she would use the prize money for, a jubilant Hayley replied: “I'm not quite sure – it hasn’t really sunk in yet.

“But I think I might go seal clubbing in Canada.”

No comments:

Post a Comment