Sunday, September 22, 2019

MP EXPERIENCES HEALTH SQUEEZE AT FIRST-HAND

Traffic was brought to a standstill yesterday following an impromptu personal appearance by Jacob Raynboe-Trowte, MP for Froghill.

Onlookers stared open-mouthed as Mr. Raynboe-Trowte, red-faced and breathing heavily, was seen to run pell-mell down Dinsdale Road.

More unusual still, the veteran MP was entirely naked.

“What with parliament being suspended, I thought this an ideal opportunity to spend time with my constituents,” said Mr. Raynboe-Trowte from his hospital bed, “and I was busy drumming up support with some of our dedicated workers in the health service.”

The Observer has learned that the workers in question were in fact employees of a noted town-centre spa and massage establishment.

“He’s my regular, is Mr. Jacob, he always asks for me” said Lola, 26-year-old therapist at Dinsdale Road’s Whole Lotta Rub, “he usually comes on a Saturday afternoon, if you take my meaning.”

When put to him that his use of the term ‘health service’ was a trifle misleading in this context, Mr. Raynboe-Trowte smiled weakly and replied: “OK, fair cop, you’ve got me there.

“However, I do find that a good massage helps relieve the stress and tension of a long week in the Commons.

“Anyway,” he continued, “I’d booked in with Lola last Saturday and was lying on the massage table, waiting while she was off warming her hands.

“I heard a slithering noise near the door and then felt this firm, sensual pressure slowly sliding up my body. I remember thinking it very erotic and that I ought to be extra generous with the tip this week.

“She applied a little more weight and I began finding it rather difficult to breathe. Then she wrapped one arm around my abdomen and started squeezing really very hard indeed.

“And then something warm and dry tickled my ear.”

That ‘something’ was in fact a tongue and it belonged to Monty, the fifteen-foot Reticulated Python, whose escape from Polly’s Pets in Station Approach was reported in these pages a little over a week ago.

“I looked round and there was this bloody snake, staring straight into my face and flicking its tongue at me.

“I tried to shout for help but I couldn’t, it was squeezing me too tightly, so I reached for the vibro-massager and bashed it on the head.

“That loosened things up a bit, so I wriggled free and got out of there, pretty damn quick,” said Mr. Raynboe-Trowte.

As he burst out of the door and ran screaming down Dinsdale Road, the panic-stricken MP’s towel dropped away, revealing an elephant’s face and ears drawn in lipstick around his private parts.

A passer-by, realising that this probably wasn’t a Conservative party fundraiser after all, put down her shopping and called the police.

The emergency services arrived within minutes and a police marksman promptly shot the naked MP in the buttock with a powerful tranquiliser dart.

As Mr. Raynboe-Trowte tottered and then passed out across the bonnet of a car, paramedics were on hand to stretcher him into an ambulance.

He was taken to the Accidental Constriction Unit at Froghill General, where he is expected to make a full and complete recovery.

Monty was tracked down and captured by a snake handler from the Wythering Animal Research Trust.

“Reptiles are cold-blooded creatures and Monty most likely chose the massage parlour because it’s a warm environment,” said Dr. Mortimer Pluck, Chief Veterinary Surgeon at WART.

“Though most people wouldn’t credit it, pythons are sensitive creatures and they get stressed easily. When Monty came to us yesterday afternoon he was in a state of considerable shock.

“We are currently holding him in an isolation tank so he can relax and ‘unwind’.

“That’s a joke, by the way,” he added, before informing us that he was a busy man and walking briskly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment