Sunday, February 10, 2019

ARK OF THE COVENANT FOUND IN LOFT

The Ark of the Covenant, a golden casket described in the book of Exodus as containing the Ten Commandments, has been discovered in Froghill.

The fabled chest, previously claimed as resting in places as diverse as Ethiopia and Ireland, was uncovered by accident yesterday afternoon.

“I was up in the loft, having an early spring clean,” said Tilly Banstead of Chestnut Rise. “I’d already found some old vinyl albums of my husband’s tucked away in a corner and then I came across this box with a rug draped over it.

“When I pulled away the rug, I noticed that the box appeared to be covered in gold. So I opened it up to see if there was anything in it.”

Inside, Ms. Banstead found two heavy stone tablets, a wooden staff and a clay pot containing a dried aromatic substance. Realising that she might have stumbled across something of historical significance, she phoned the Froghill Institute of Social History.

“It certainly is a most intriguing find,” said FISH researcher Dr. Crispin Mortlake. “Though of course it will be some time before we can vouch for the casket’s authenticity.”

When asked how she felt about her discovery, Ms. Banstead said: “To be honest, I was more excited at finding a copy of Diamond Dogs by David Bowie. They can fetch quite a lot on eBay if they’re in good condition."

No comments:

Post a Comment