Wednesday, July 3, 2019

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Sir, 

Two weeks ago, I found a pair of kidneys while visiting the Ladies’ in Everdene Road. They were lying on the floor in one of the cubicles. I imagine their owner must have had an unusually explosive evacuation and then forgotten to reinsert them before leaving.

Having no hormonal teenage sons to worry about, I took the kidneys home and put them in a jam jar. I have set a piece of steak beside them, as I understand the two go quite well together.

Concerned for their owner, I contacted Froghill police. They informed me that although they’d received reports of a pair of mislaid ears in a cornfield and a spleen in a vent at the Buried Treasures Funeral Directors, nobody had reported losing any kidneys.

If you mislaid your kidneys around the middle of last month, please contact me, as I'm sure life without them must be really quite ‘offal’. My email address is katy@frogmail.com.

Yours faithfully,

Kate N. Sydney-Pye,

Swansdike

No comments:

Post a Comment