Sunday, April 21, 2019

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Sir, 

Three weeks ago, I found a pair of eyes while visiting the public conveniences in Everdene Road. They had been left by the taps on the second washbasin from the right. I imagine their owner had taken them out to give them a rinse and then forgotten to replace them before leaving.

Concerned that their owner might be missing them, I contacted Froghill police. They informed me that although they’d received numerous reports of mislaid body parts, nobody had reported losing any eyes. I made a video of them which I uploaded onto YouTube but, unfortunately, it garnered no views.

The eyes are hazel, flecked with brown and have their optic nerves attached. I have been keeping them moist with regular applications of WD40 and have set them in front of the TV so they don’t get bored.

If you are the person who mislaid your eyes in a toilet around the beginning of this month, please contact me. I will be more than happy to return them to you. My email address is beno@boohoo.com.

Yours faithfully,

Ben Okulaz,

Traubert’s Heath

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I am in possession of a pair of ears, found in similar circumstances but in Shetland. Perhaps the two cases are related. Or just random examples of pre-Brexit panic surgery that may become endemic.

    ReplyDelete