Tuesday, October 15, 2019

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Sir,

I am newly resident in Froghill and am appalled by the number of abandoned shopping trolleys I see littering our streets. The other day, I counted no less than 76 trolleys on the brief walk between my home and The Meadows.

It’s bad enough that these trolleys are unsightly to look at. Far worse is the fact that they are physically abusive. On the day that I was counting, one actually had the temerity to follow me down the street and butt me from behind. I still have a bruise on my right buttock as a result.

It’s as if these trolleys know they can act with impunity. They hang around in groups, noisily clattering their folding infant seats, creating an obstruction and intimidating passers-by. They cross the road anywhere they choose, launching themselves off the pavement and causing traffic to take evasive action. How long before there’s an accident? 

I complained directly to the supermarket in The Meadows but was told: “The trolleys escape during the night, the best we can do is try to round them up during daylight hours.”

Why, I feel compelled to ask, are the police doing nothing about this menace to our society?

I believe a permanent solution needs to be found and found quickly, before spring brings the rutting season and the males become even more aggressive than they currently are.

Yours indignantly, 

Nellie Maynard (Mrs)

No comments:

Post a Comment